Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Bday Gorgeous!


Dear Jaykie,

There are 2 reasons why I decided to write you a birthday post on my blog. First, I guess you didn't read my letter last year so I thought sending you the link 2 days earlier might be a good idea. Second, you're not spending your birthday in Berlin, but a city/small town pretty far away, and I can't wish you all the best in person. :(

I decided to start off with a poem. The original version was written in Polish so the translation may not reflect the real meaning... It means much to me.

When my hope is gone
and I'm on my own,
you come and make me feel better.
You make me believe in myself again,
in what I do, everything gets back.
You give me strength.
You give me hope for better tomorrow,
and not only.
You give me self-assurance to be still myself.
To get up after I fall and get back up again.
You are my platonic love,
probably the strongest of all.
You just give me a piece of you.
And in return, I'll keep you in my heart forever.




And now I would like to thank you for everything you've done! It's been 19 months since I know you; and with all that time my life keeps getting better, day by day. You came into my life by accident, but have stayed for a reason. You and VFC really helped me get through tough times, you have no idea how much I needed something to hold onto. Meeting you guys in person... Gahhh! That's definitely one of the most beautiful memories! :)


Anyway, hope you're going to spend your day with beloved people, even though your family and other friends are far away. Don't change yourself, you know I love the way you are, stay strong and never give up! I believe in you... Have a blast and party haarrrdd! ;)

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!



Love, Pauline

1 comment: